Saturday 22 October 2011

Air Traffic Control tower

Well, my hopes for visiting the National Flight Centre in Leixlip today were diminished. But my excitement continues to build for tomorrow.

I will be making my second trip to the local Air Traffic Control tower tomorrow at 1 o'clock. It truly is an exciting adventure up the stairs where it is so easy to communicate with the aviators living the dream. There will be a high concentration of flights within the couple of hours I will be visiting, which is quite unusual for a regional airport. As it stands, there will be 7 flights arriving in the space of 3 hours, with more scheduled.

I am really looking forward to it, and who knows, if I ask politely I might even get to talk to a very special person who sits in the cockpit!

No comments:

Post a Comment